The 10th Australian Kagyu Monlam
Kagyu Monlam is to spread the seeds of loving kindness and pure motivation, to activate their power, and hence bring about genuine peace, love, happiness and well-being in the world.the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa
The Kagyu Monlam is an auspicious Buddhist Prayer Festival which celebrates the inter-connectedness of all sentient beings in our world. It is a great occasion when all monastic bodies, together with the lay Buddhist communities unite together to pray for world peace, harmony, happiness and the wellbeing of our global community.
This year’s program has been finalised. Please use the links below to download the PDF schedules.
Day One / Day Two / Day Three / Day Four
This year’s festival program includes:
- Prayers and Chants from various Buddhist traditions,leading the daily Monlam sessions.
- Guided Meditations Sessions.
- Dharma Talk/Buddhist Teaching.
- Empowerment ceremony and Tsog (Feast) Offering.
- Torma : the ancient art of Tibetan ritual offering – View intricate and delicate Torma sculptures prepared by our visiting monastic monks from Sikkim, India. Learn about the significance and tradition of this unique ritual art in Tibetan Buddhism!
- Daily screening of Torma : the ancient art of Tibetan butter sculpture film.
- Sand Mandala . Mandala constructed from sand, transmits positive energies to the environment and to the people who view them. They bring purification and healing to the viewer. Follow and witness the creation and dissolution of a Tibetan Buddhist Mandala over the Monlam Chenmo period.
- Buddhist Relics. Don’t miss the rare opportunity toview and venerate this precious collection of Buddhist Relics. It is said that the enlightened beings with high realizations establish relics as a means for passing on blessings of their body, speech and mind for future generations.
- “Bath the Baby Buddha” statue with fragrant water as an act of inner purification and transformation as we mark the beginning of the Saga Dawa Duchen Period.
- Marme Monlam [Lamp Prayer]culminate our religious program with the lighting of candles as we make “Aspirations” for the world peace for all sentient beings!
- Musical Offering is a celebration of songs, dances and performances from various cultural groups and communities in honour of the Triple Gems. It is a joyful show, on the closing day of Kagyu Monlam, and ends the Prayer Festival on a high note!
Take time away from the busy world and join us on this auspicious occasion and let us pray together for world peace!
For more information about the venue and to reserve your spot please visit Eventbrite by clicking the button below.
Programs may change or be postponed due to circumstances outside of KDBM control. If this happens you will receive an email notification. A reminder/confirmation email is sent 48 hours prior to the event to confirm the event is going ahead.
Photos and/or video recordings may be taken during KDBM- run events and may be used on KDBM’s website, social media or publications. KDBM may also send images to media outlets, such as local newspapers, to assist with publicity for KDBM events. Please notify and write to KDBM if you do not want your or your children’s image or video taken [email@example.com].